About Me

My photo
the passion has left the life force...so it is just life with no driving force...really it is no life at all... this can't be what the architect envisioned

Monday, May 16, 2011

Burned Chocolate

I wrote your name on the tablet of my heart
wore it proud because in those two seconds
I believed you had potential to be my vanilla essence
I listened to your tablet
all the things you did not say
and from it, I got all the things I wanted to hear
The harsh undertones of you male fallacy
never imprinted across my psyche

I wrote your name on the tablet of my heart
and wrote the things I wanted to see
My desires confused the essence of your truth
as your pen wrote real truth in the sanctum of my space
the blood tinge on wisdom shades never allowing that truth in

I wrote your name on the tablet of my heart
and watched as the shards fell to the floor
the knife of sudden wisdom could not break
those fickle words fast enough
the heart I once knew confused my cocoa essence
warm sugar burned to bitter chocolate
a taste reminding of your confused nothingness
your insufficient swirls of words
trapping my heart in a sweet fatal concoction

I wrote your name on the tablet of my heart
and erased it with real love
the slate cleaned of confused words that had no meaning
the heart free of selfish hands
clutching at empty straws
sipping the bitter bile of an untrained soul
lost in its own loveless mockery

I wrote his name on the tablet of my heart
who are you again?

No comments: